The education and development of children with autism is a distinction of the LCS campus that is significantly impacting lives on a daily basis.
The Lakeland Christian School Discovery Program is an educational program for students with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or a related disorder characterized by similar traits as ASD who require a modified academic setting. The program consists of three classrooms with specific curriculum and daily activities designed for students with a diagnosis of ASD.
Our mission is to provide individualized education with the goal of teaching the whole child in the light of God’s Word. Small group instruction is given based on your child’s individual needs in reading and math. Each child will receive an IEP written by the DP teachers driven by data from nationally normed assessments and personal interactions with the student. An annual meeting will be held to discuss student needs and appropriate goals.
- Offered to students K4-5th grade (*age appropriateness is based on the discretion of the administration)
- Inclusion Opportunities/Inclusion Paraprofessional Based on Student Needs
- The inquiring family must provide a current IEP and recent evaluation for review by the Elementary Principal.
- The Elementary Principal will perform a preliminary review of the ESE documentation and will schedule an initial family interview.
- The 365体育足彩 Office will schedule testing and shadow time for the student. 如果课程似乎适合学生, an enrollment packet will be provided to the parents by the school registrar, 夫人. 玛丽仙童.
- 最后的面试将被安排. The family is scheduled to meet with the Business Office to discuss the financial obligations of enrollment and tuition assistance programs. 如果学生没有被录取, parents are notified by letter or by the Program Coordinator when student testing is completed.
If you have questions regarding the Discovery Program, please contact 夫人. Luci O’Byrne, Elementary Principal, by phone at (863) 688-2771 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
学费 payments may be made annually, by semester, quarterly, over 10 months or over 12 months. All monthly tuition payments are made via electronic funds transfer to 事实 学费 Management. The yearly fee for this service is $15 (if paying by semester) or $45 per family (if paying quarterly, 10个月以上或12个月以上). 如果按年支付，则不收费.
- 注册费不可退还 K4: 从1月9日到2月15日，200美元
- 注册费不可退还 K4: 2月15日后$200(如场地许可)
- 注册费不可退还 K5-12: 1月9日至2月15日，350美元
- 注册费不可退还 K5-12: 2月15日后$500(如场地许可)
(学费包括每周两次的职业治疗. Two sessions of speech/language therapy services are also provided per week at no charge through a federal grant.)
NOTE: The multi-child discount does not apply to Discovery Program tuition.
The Lakeland Christian School cafeteria offers a variety of meal alternatives that cater to our diverse student population. Cafeteria menus and meal item portions are created to meet the varied levels of student preferences. All menus are reviewed and approved by a registered dietician to ensure menus meet nutrition standards and nutrient composition from a variety of food sources that support optimal nutrition. Students receive three daily meal options ranging from “the classics” (home-style favorites), 花生酱果冻三明治和熟食肉三明治. Meal service transactions are processed through a point-of-service register system which allows parents to review and monitor student purchases on a daily basis. Parents are asked to place money in their child’s lunch account and maintain a positive balance at all times. 学生也可以选择从家里自带午餐.
A late fee of one and a half percent per month may be assessed on charges older than thirty days. For payments returned to the school because of insufficient funds, the school will assess a $30.00服务费. No student may be enrolled in a new semester unless all previous semester payments have been made. If a student is withdrawn during a semester, the full semester’s tuition is due. Student transcripts/records will only be released after the family account has been paid in full.
Lakeland Christian School accepts a number of supplemental scholarship programs. 家庭也可以申请额外的经济援助. 欲了解更多信息，请点击这里.
Lakeland Christian School participates in the educational scholarship programs offered in the State of Florida, including but not limited to the Family Empowerment Scholarship – Unique Abilities (FES-UA). Parents who elect to enroll their student with a disability at Lakeland Christian School may not have an individual right to receive some or all of the special education and related services that the student would receive if enrolled in a public school under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), 修订的.